Help PREVENT Another HEART ATTACK
A heart attack occurs when the blood flow to a part of the heart is blocked by a blood clot. A blocked artery prevents oxygen-rich blood from reaching a section of the heart. If the blood flow is completely disrupted, that part of the heart can die.
Most people survive their first heart attack and can return to a normal life, but that new life will require some lifestyle changes that may help avoid another heart attack.
- Be smoke free
- Enjoy daily exercise
- Eat heart-healthy foods
- Find the right weight for your body
- Get enough sleep
- Learn how to de-stress
- See your doctor regularly
- How does aspirin help prevent another heart attack?
- Can I take aspirin with other drugs, including other pain products?
- What is the right dose of aspirin for me?
- Do the daily vitamins I might be taking interfere with aspirin use?
- What is the best exercise plan for me?
- Should I take aspirin with food?
- What is the best nutrition plan for me?
Consult your healthcare provider before using aspirin to help prevent another heart attack or clot-related stroke. Use as directed.